Old Wokingians F C
OLD WOKINGIANS FOOTBALL CLUB RULES – May 2017
1. The club shall be called the Old Wokingians Football Club (OWFC)
2. The objects of the OWFC are to provide for the members facilities for the playing of Association Football and social amenities in compliance with the rules of the Amateur Football Alliance (AFA)
3. All former scholars and members of staff of the Woking County Grammar School for Boys and all scholars and members of staff, past and present, of Woking Sixth Form College are members of the OWFC and shall be entitled to vote at any meetings of members. All other candidates for membership shall be proposed by one member. They shall become temporary members until their admission has been endorsed by the OWFC committee at one committee meeting. Temporary members can use and enjoy the facilities of the OWFC but shall not be entitled to vote at any meetings of members.
Honorary Vice Presidents are such persons as may be nominated by the OWFC Committee and approved at the Annual General Meeting. Members may be elected as Honorary Vice Presidents in recognition of a long and outstanding contribution to the successful running of the OWFC Committee and the club and to encourage their continued involvement in the operation of OWFC. Existing members may be elected to Honorary Life Membership by the OWFC Committee. Non-members shall be nominated by a majority vote of the OWFC Committee for approval at the Annual General Meeting. Such members shall be entitled to vote at any meeting of members.
4. Every member shall pay on being admitted to the OWFC an entrance fee and every member shall pay an annual subscription. Each playing member of the OWFC shall pay weekly match fee for each match in which he shall participate, whether as player or substitute. The amounts of the entrance fee, annual subscription and a weekly match fee shall be determined at each Annual General Meeting for the new season following that meeting. Annual subscriptions shall be due on the 1st September in every year. The OWFC at the Annual General Meeting may determine that different entrance fees, annual subscriptions and match fees may be payable by different categories of members, or that no entrance fee, annual subscription or match fee shall be payable by all or any category of members. If any member shall fail to pay his subscription within one calendar month after it has become due, the Honorary Treasurer shall send him notice in writing to his address as recorded in the books of the OWFC, calling upon him to pay the same within 14 days. If he shall fail to pay his subscription, the OWFC committee shall be entitled to terminate his membership without further notice. If any member shall in any year commencing on the 1st September allow the match fees due from him to remain unpaid for more than 4 weeks, the Honorary Treasurer shall send him a notice in writing to his address as recorded in the books of the OWFC, calling upon him to pay the arrears within 14 days. If he shall fail to pay his arrears, the OWFC committee shall be entitled to suspend that member from all OWFC activities without further notice and without adopting the procedure referred to in rule 11.
5. The management of the OWFC shall be in the hands of the Management Committee (herein called the ‘committee’) which shall consist of the President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Fixtures Secretary, Team Secretary, Referee Secretary, Social Secretary, Membership Secretary, Club Welfare Officer, Charter Standard Officer, Tournament Secretary, , all Team Captains and 4 elected Ordinary Members. One third of the elected committee shall form a quorum provided that the number shall not be less than five. The committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy that may occur and to invite any member to join the committee. The Team Selection Committee shall consist of the Captain (or his delegated representative) of each team and each meeting shall be chaired by the Chairman or Vice Chairman of the OWFC or their nominated representatives.
6. The Annual General Meeting shall be held every year not later than the end of May to transact the following business: -
- To receive
the Chairman’s report
Eleven members shall form a quorum
7. The following officers and members of the OWFC committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting in the following order – President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Fixtures Secretary, Team Secretary, Referee Secretary, Social Secretary, Membership Secretary, Club Welfare Officer, Charter Standard Officer, Tournament Secretary, Club & First Team Captain and 4 Ordinary Members. Nominations for the aforementioned posts, except the 4 ordinary members, must be submitted to the Honorary Secretary at least two weeks before the AGM. If no nominations are submitted by the due date, nominations will be accepted at the AGM. The Chairman may, at his absolute discretion, allow late nominations. The retiring officers and members of the OWFC committee shall be eligible for re-election. The remaining League Team Captains shall be appointed by the OWFC committee between the date of the Annual General Meeting and the first Saturday in November. Subject to termination of office, resignation or otherwise, each Captain shall remain in office until the appointment of a succeeding Captain in the following year. The three trustees to MSOW shall also be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Retiring Trustees shall be eligible for re-election.
8. Revision of any rules of the OWFC shall be made at the Annual General Meeting of members. At least two weeks notice of any such amendment shall be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary. At any Annual General Meeting at which a revision of rules is proposed the Chairman may, at his absolute discretion, allow amendments to such revision to be proposed at the meeting.
9. At committee meetings, Annual General Meetings or Extra-ordinary General Meetings the Chairman, or in his absence the Vice Chairman, or in the absence of them both, a Chairman elected by the meeting, shall preside and shall have a casting vote in the event of an equality of votes.
10. An Extra-ordinary General Meeting may at any time be convened by the OWFC committee or at the request in writing to the Honorary Secretary of any ten members provided that members are given at least three weeks notice of such a meeting.
11. The OWFC committee shall have the power to suspend from all club activities any member who shall offend against the rules of the club or whose conduct shall in the opinion of the committee render him unfit for membership of the OWFC. Before any such member be suspended the Honorary Secretary shall give him seven days written notice to attend the meeting of the committee, which notice shall contain particulars of the complaints made against him. No member shall be suspended without first having had an opportunity of appearing before the committee and answering complaints made against him, nor unless at least two thirds of the committee then present shall vote in favour of his suspension. No member shall be expelled unless at the recommendation of the committee under the aforesaid procedure and ratified by at least a two-thirds majority of the members present at an Annual General or Extra-ordinary General Meeting.
12. The colours of the OWFC shall be blue shirts with gold trim and white shorts and white socks.
13. A printed
copy of the rules of the OWFC shall be displayed on the Old Wokes web
site and shall be made available on request to any member.